We have four guest rooms (one is a two room suite) and a large apartment with two bedrooms, a living & dining room, kitchen and full bath. All of them have quality queen beds with pressed sheets, blankets and duvets and a private ensuite bath. All the bathrooms are new or recently renovated. They are equipped with an air conditioner, private telephone, closet or armoire, comfortable chairs for watching TV or reading, flat-screen TV, clock-radio, iron and iron board, soap, shampoo and hair dryer. Wi-Fi is available throughout the house. The smoke detectors are connected to the fire department. Rates include breakfast (parking is free). We do not permit pets and smoking.
Breakfast is served in what guests say is an elegant dining room. The full breakfast includes such items as fresh fruit, juice, home-made cereal, omelette with asparagus and portobello mushrooms, bagel with eggs, bacon, tomato & cheese, blueberry pancakes and Mennonite sausage. Special dietary needs are met, including vegetarian, vegan and gluten free. Freshly brewed coffee from ground beans and Ceylon tea from loose leaves are served.
Ashbury House B&B is in a 103 year old Queen Anne style house with antique furniture including a mahogany armoire and ebony table from south Asia, a sideboard that belonged to the late Madame Sauvé (former Governor General of Canada), a wooden table from a monastery in Oxford (UK), a mahogany china cabinet and a butternut buffet. Some of the guestrooms have antique four-poster beds.
Ashbury House is located in the center of the Glebe, a prestigous historic community that:
- Has numerous restaurants, pubs, a variety of shops, a hardware store, churches, banks, hair salons, fitness centres
- Is the home of the TD/Lansdowne Centre that includes a Whole Foods store and that hosted the Canadian Briar and Women’s World Cup Soccer games in 2016 and the Grey Cup in 2017
- Is surrounded by the Rideau Canal and Dow’s Lake (The world’s longest skating rink).
- Is surrounded by bicycle paths that connect to anywhere in the city and the Gatineau Park which has bike paths and, in winter, cross country ski trails and downhill skiing.
We’re 15-25 minutes (walking) to:
- Carleton University
- The Booth & Preston Street area that has numerous Italian restaurants and government & business offices
- A 1000 acre experimental farm that includes a museum with animals (cows, pigs, sheep, …) and large flower garden
- Museum of Nature
We are close to downtown Ottawa (5 minutes by car, 10 minutes by bus and 30-35 minutes walking) where there are many attractions including the Canadian Parliament Buildings, Art Gallery, Museum of History, War Museum, Canadian Mint and Byward Market. Click on Around Town for an area map and information on events and things to do.
We strive to provide a high level of guest satisfaction. We’re energized by feedback such as the following: “Thank you again for an absolutely perfect stay at Ashbury House. I think you go beyond the exceptional in your hospitality and I know this is the rule and I was not an exception because the cab driver asked me about my stay. When I responded with superlatives, he told me it was the same with every fare he picked up there.” — an email from Joan in California.
We also sell black pepper corns that we bring with us when we travel to Sri Lanka. Read more about the pepper.