According to guest comments on TripAdvisor, guests like:
- Our gourmet breakfasts, including those that meet their dietary needs
- The stimulating and diverse conversations around the breakfast table
- The warm apple pie and tea when they arrive
- The comfortable rooms and beds
- The attentive and engaging hospitality
- The large charming historic house – some say the dining room, with lit candles, feels like a grand room in a chateau
- Our location — only a few blocks (walking distance) from interesting shops, health clubs, restaurants, pubs, pharmacies, hair salons, grocery stores, churches, bike paths and the Rideau Canal (a UNESCO World Heritage Site) — plus, close to Parliament, the national art gallery and several national museums
- The garden fresh pepper that we sell (more about the pepper)
Don’t take our word, go to TripAdvisor
We have numerous guests who have stayed with us many times since we opened in 2000. We also get many referrals.
We’ve had guests from all over the world and from many walks of life including a clergy from Windsor Castle and a BBC film crew who were en route to “live” with wolves in the Canadian Arctic for several months.
A word about us: Charmaine travelled and worked in over 40 countries while she was with the World Bank — prior to us starting the B&B 14 years ago. George received a PhD for solving a well-known 25-year-old mathematics problem, helped put Canada’s robotic arm on the Space Station and has been in the change leadership business for many years. We’ve both been blessed with many rewarding experiences including when we help the less fortunate in Sri Lanka.
Inquiries are welcome. Call us at 613-234-4757. Or send us an email.